Search This Blog

blueshoefarm at gmail dot com.... and that would be how to reach me

Friday, January 28, 2011

Bears and kids


A long time ago I worked for the gift concessionaire at a zoo. When I saw this I both laughed my head off and was very happy for safety glass.

The subterranean bear/river otter house at the zoo where I worked was created with giant underwater glass walls...so you could see the animals when they were swimming. It was genius. It was also the one place I never wanted to be when the purported giant earthquake hit Seattle and broke that glass. Those bears are flippin' huge and put it all in perspective what a puny & defenseless species we are. Albeit with big brains, so we can design enclosures that keep us safe and separate from captured wild animals that wish to eat our head off.
Image courtesy Reddit, via http://www.theoatmeal.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails