Search This Blog

blueshoefarm at gmail dot com.... and that would be how to reach me

Friday, February 18, 2011

Financial Advice and Divorce


I went to a financial advisor yesterday. Looked up one that is a member of NAPFA, since they are fee-based only, and their advice is not affected by any commissions they may receive. The downside is since they do not receive those commissions, they charge a fairly high hourly rate. BUT, the advice is invaluable.
She rolled into talk of money markets, EFT, stocks, bonds, short term, long term on and on and on and my brain glazed over. My eyes were appropriately making eye contact and head nodding at the opportune moment, but my brain went far far away. I figure by the end of all this I will completely understand these concepts, but yesterday I was listening to a language I don't speak.
Then to throw in the upcoming divorce, and how to divide monies and responsibilities and bank accounts and ...
again, on and on and on.
Image: Totally unrelated empty MalWart interior. My financial advisor works out of a very nice waterfront home. Not Walmart.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails