Search This Blog

blueshoefarm at gmail dot com.... and that would be how to reach me

Monday, September 5, 2011

A Normal Weekend






A gal pal and her three boys took Wilder and I up to Graysmarsh Farms in Sequim for some berry picking.
Raspberries, seedless blackberries, blueberries and about 4 loganberries were what we picked. I made jam yesterday, with pies today. Yay! I also picked up a pressure cooker yesterday in Port Townsend. A Mirro 8 quart... which was a hard decision between Mirro, Kuhn Ricon, Fagor, Presto, All American, but dang the Mirro is easy to use. And if you have a glass topped stove Mirro says it won't work. But my stove has a burner made specifically for it, so you can use a glass top regardless of what they put in their guide.
Oh and if you are a serious pressure cooker person (and have money) the All-American and Kuhn Ricon are flippin' fantastic.($200-400) But, for me, for once a year canning, at sea level (literally 100 feet above...) a Mirro with weighted pressure gauge is dandy. ($70 on sale!) And a note about the boys.... no complaining, they just are hungry alot.

1 comment:

Buffy said...

How fun. I still would like one. I had ordered an 8 qt. one, but looked too small. Waiting for one bigger.

Related Posts with Thumbnails