Search This Blog

blueshoefarm at gmail dot com.... and that would be how to reach me

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Writing


When there is such a distance between posts I lose my writing cadence.  It is difficult for me to continue a conversation that I haven't been carrying for a while. I am sorry about that. I am of the world still: my house is messy, flower beds need weeding, chickens need catching, the car or truck needs an oil change. I have been mentally battling with big big life issues and how to get my head around them ( oh, like death, disability, what a life is, how to approach endings) all the while dealing with the day to day. Such as why my car quit - just turned off- on the highway... how to gently squash a vindictive rumor mill at work, or where/how did I get coffee spilled on my socks?!? You know, that stuff that just happens.  It is the time of year for our annual party at the farm for both kids. So days off will be spent sprucing things up. Or at least, organizing. Sigh. 
Anyway, I know all our lives keep rolling along. Mine happens to be merrily, merrily, rolling along. I work a lot, (due at work in 45 minutes!) and plunk through everything else spastically.  I wish I could say I am a methodical planned organized woman... but that would be a lie. I do know how to enjoy this life, though!  Wishing you all balance and grace. 

Amanda and Fred keeping an eye on things on a spring day. 
Fuzzy image of Seattle from the ferry. 
The computer generated light patterns on the Ferris wheel can be mesmerizing when I am going home.  And yes, I am tired and maybe a little easily entertained at that point...

1 comment:

Jayne said...

"...plunk through everything else spastically..."

I like the way you worded that! I can identify.

Good to read a post from you again. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails